Re: Feeling Hungry?

NYC XYZ wrote:

> So what are the consequences of not eating when hungry?

The body has excess fat and nutrients. Appetite is a 'mechniam' which
ensures you have regular 'input'.

> I mean, does
> the body automatically burn fat, or does it seek out the muscle first,
> or what?

Muscles are not broken down if you skip a meal or two.

> I don't mean starvation; I mean just like, at worst, skipping
> a meal (or, actually, even "fasting" for a whole day, say).

Perhaps it depends on your physique.

> IOW, any harmful consequences?
>
> Thanks again!

Some talk about the benefits of fasting once in a while, but I never
'bought' it. I think that the most healthy and natural thing to do is
submit to your body and eat when it tells you to. Supressing hunger is
possibly not much different from sleep deprivation, which is chronic.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com