Windows 98 Safe Mode

  • Subject: Windows 98 Safe Mode
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 03:57:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.win95
I have a relatively antiquated laptop (Compaq Presario 1246), which I use
primarily for storage. Until some time ago, I thought I was the only one
who occasionally needed to go to safe mode, shut down the machine without
any changes made and then re-boot. I had to do this every time the machine
froze during start-up. This has been going on for about 3 years and I now
found out that it may be a common Windows 98 bug. Does anybody know how to
get around this problem? Any links that can help in solving it?

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com