Re: When does Google reevaluate PR?

John Bokma wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> John Bokma wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>> :-D. Yeah I read a lot of news (mainly slashdot) and often wonder:
>>> :there
>>> was a time I didn't do this, and what did I miss?
>>
>> Read the headlines at least.
>
> I do, see: <http://johnbokma.com/firefox/rss-and-live-bookmarks.html>

Live bookmarks are very weak in my humble opinion. See:

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/03/18/will-browsers-die/
http://www.schestowitz.com/Bookmarks/rss-links.htm

In Firefox, I cannot get highlights of new items. RSSOwl gives me a similar
interface to that which (in this case) KNode gives UseNet.

> [ Perl scripts ]
>
>>> Suggestions / requests etc. are also welcome (I sometimes run out of
>>> small ideas, and get big ones instead which often take too much time)
>>
>> I'll need to backtrack in my mind in order to recall what I did and
>> what the outcome was. I wish I had recorded this somewhere.
>>
>> Yes, the PR script was not working... something with pipe error
>> maybe... odd one to analyse in an instance...
>>
>> Google position gave no output I think...
>
> Weird. On my todo list is somewhere: write regression tests for all
> scripts (put it there when the page rank one stopped working). I will test
> the scripts this week (and maybe write the test script too :-D )

Don't forget about the scripts which test the test scripts. *grin*

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com