Re: Google Update? Screwy SERPs

  • Subject: Re: Google Update? Screwy SERPs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:27:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
WhoTurnedOffTheLights wrote:

> (in mid panic), I'm seeing a huge amount of screw-i-ness going on with
> Google's results,

I was in the same situation a month ago and the guys here calmed me down.
Don't worry, Google becomes sane at the end.

> in as far as the subjects of my site(s) are concerned over the past day.

What is it that's stealing your ranks? Also, what is the nature of the
SERP/s?

> ANYONE ELSE see the same?

I suspect that you will have to say more or mention the SERP and your site
so that we can "see the same".

> Could it be that there's a major update coming along?

There was a major update around the 7th to the 17th from what I could
gather. This seems to be a once-a-month thing.

> I ask since it's been a very very VERY long time since I last such a
> disruption occur with my site(s) search results on Google.

Has there been any downtime? Any errors?

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com