Re: Historical Trading Data

  • Subject: Re: Historical Trading Data
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 02:42:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.finance.stockmarket
Richard wrote:

> Can anyone help me here.
>
> Doing some analysis on some historical trading data
>
> Anyone know where I can get
> 5 years of SP500 day data.  I need open, close, hi, low, (and volume
> if possible) per day for last 5 years.  Trying to get this for free -
> of course!
>
> Also wondering if anyone is aware of a package/process called MESA or
> any knowledge of Fourier Transforming?

MESA, if I recall correctly, is an Open Source implementation of OpenGL (the
Open Graphics Library). Fourier Transforms are often about compression. A
reliable source to go by:

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/FourierTransform.html

How the heck do you analyse your data?!?! *smile*

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com