Re: edit larger text files on palm

  • Subject: Re: edit larger text files on palm
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 05:59:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.palm
kraemer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For the final phase of my studies, I have to write a thesis. I thought
> it would be wonderful to have my thesis, which I am writing in LaTeX,
> always with me. So I could edit s.th. when it comes to my mind.
>
> Unfortunately, my memo pad only supports files up to 4 kB. It would be
> quite perfect if it would support files up to 200 kB. So my question is:
> Is there a possibility to transfer and edit easily text-files larger
> than 4 kB ? If another software is needed, please indicate only freeware
> programs. Thanks!
>

> Yours,
>
>   Bernhard

I use Docs2Go from Dataviz for any text files which are large enough to
justify it. I restrict files to be text only in oder to avoid any unwanted
clutter.

Docs2Go often comes with your software bundle (the CD) that accompanies your
Palm.

If you are planning to write a thesis on your Palm, consider purchasing a
keyboard (assuming you have none yet) and try to run Dataviz in
high-resolution mode (if your hardware allows that).

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com