Re: edit larger text files on palm

  • Subject: Re: edit larger text files on palm
  • From: kraemer <Bernhard_Kraemer@web.de>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:30:06 +0200
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.palm
Bill Marcum wrote:
On Sun, 15 May 2005 16:30:15 +0200, kraemer <Bernhard_Kraemer@web.de> wrote:

Hello,

For the final phase of my studies, I have to write a thesis. I thought it would be wonderful to have my thesis, which I am writing in LaTeX, always with me. So I could edit s.th. when it comes to my mind.

Unfortunately, my memo pad only supports files up to 4 kB. It would be quite perfect if it would support files up to 200 kB. So my question is: Is there a possibitity to transfer and edit easily text-files larger than 4 kB ? If another software is needed, please indicate only freeware programs. Thanks!

SiEd perhaps?

Excellent tip! Many thanks for this hint. I tried it, and after reading its documentation, I found out that I can import textfiles up to 100 kB :) and if I would have the Palm OS 5.0, it would even be possible to import 600 kB.

Thanks!

 Bernhard