[OT] Filtering 'Mail Delivery System'

  • Subject: [OT] Filtering 'Mail Delivery System'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:37:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
There is no public forum for postmasters, but I am assuming that all
Webmasters are in some sense also postmasters.

I have recently set up server-side filters that should move all messages
from 'Mail Delivery System' or 'Mail Delivery Subsystem' to a separate
account, just to avoid a mess. I otherwise get many such incoming messages
(I have boxtrappers set up so by nature they respond to spammers with fake
addresses).

I have tried several types of filters to make this rule work and I even
tested them, but no matter what I do, all error messages end up in the
catch-all account or the account from which the message was sent. Is it
impossible to filter messages from mail daemons? Why should they behave
differently from normals E-mail messages?

Thanks in advance,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com