Re: Why this web page is so furiously fast?

  • Subject: Re: Why this web page is so furiously fast?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 05:41:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
mscir wrote:

> Greg wrote:
>
>> http://www.scientique.com/
>> What's the trick here?
>
> This site analyzes web pages for speed:
>
> http://www.websiteoptimization.com/...

Without even running the analyzer (which I sometimes use), I can see that
the page is very lightweight. It did not load up instantly over here
though. Perhaps the server is located at your country? Perhaps it was
cached on your ISP's side? Or on your machine?

As for the page itself, menus contain no graphics. I can only spot 4 images,
one of which is tiny. If it makes you feel any better, I can spot a problem
with the menus. The text doesn't fit properly and it looks rather bad.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com