URL Behaves Differently on Different Machines

  • Subject: URL Behaves Differently on Different Machines
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 17:10:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
I have recently attempted to get Google Translation working on my Web site.
Everything seemed to be fine until I tried accessing the pages on other
computers (even with the same browsers). Here is the situation in more
depth:

The address http://tinyurl.com/7hj49 gives a printer-friendly version of the
site in Spanish. While it works under Konqueror and Firefox on one machine
(where the pages were originally requested), it returns the page without
translation the other two machines that I tried (Fedora and Windows). How
can this be? Are Google doing this intentionally or am I making a mistake?

Thanks in advance,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com