Re: Percentage Difference between AdWords and AdSense?

  • Subject: Re: Percentage Difference between AdWords and AdSense?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 04:58:11 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [www.1-script.com] on Tuesday 01 November 2005 19:05 \__

> David wrote:
>
>> I've estimated what we get is probably around 7 to 10% of the income.
>> Which means last month I made Google around $43,000 - $60,000 in
>> Adwords revenue!!
>> I expect a Christmas card this year if you are listening Google :-))
>
> I think you should give Google more credit... Hmm.. This did not sound
> right - you  think you ARE already giving them too much ;-)
>
> Anyways, having been advertising and receiving AdSense revenue in the same
> niche (assuming same set of keywords)for 2.5 years I would say the split
> is rather generous 60(G)/40(YOU) or at the very least 70(G)/30(YOU).
>
> As Roy properly stressed above the split fluctuates as G tries to
> implement a system whereby some clicks are more profitable to advertisers
> than others, and therefore keep the advertisers happy and should be
> rewarded. Without a shadow of a doubt the system is (almost) as convoluted
> as the famous Google SERP algo, but every once in a while (on about two
> week cycles according to my observations, but could be more frequent) a
> site is being re-evaluated for conversion rate of the clicks coming from
> it. If the conversion rate was up, your share of the split goes up. If it
> was down, well, you know what happens.

Has anybody got some links which discuss that? Google are trying to
discourage experiments like the OP proposed and they do so by having you
sign and agree not to disclose figures about your profits. I don't think
they want their customers to eve make observations either, but it's no
exception to most businesses that are flexible when it comes to pricing.

People who complain about frauds, at extremity, make it appear as if
something is rotten in AdSense/Words and the reputation is already partially
ruined.