Re: Lucky Mojo (Formerly "What happened to...")

  • Subject: Re: Lucky Mojo (Formerly "What happened to...")
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 07:03:34 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [catherine yronwode] on Wednesday 02 November 2005 05:41 \__

Greetings, 'new face'! *smile*

> Stacey wrote:
>>
>> <markrush@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > everyones been holding their breaths because of the jagger
>> > update, expect a lot of exhaling soon!
>
> None of these algo fluffings seem to affect my site anymore. I
> suspect it's because, as Dave said, i've been online so long, since
> BG (Before Google).

I wonder if boomarks of people have a greater effect than Google referrals.
All sites which I know have been badly affected throughout the update are
relatively new.

>> Not me, I am just a little too busy and
>> nothing much goes on here really. It
>> is quite boring as no one has any
>> good info or anything new I expect so I am
>> off doing my own investigations and
>> doing some design work. Oh, I got a good
>> laugh yesterday though. I do manage to
>> read the NG every day though.
>>
>> Stacey
>
> That describes me to a T -- i am too busy, trying to add one or two
> pages per day, all hand-written and hand-coded content (i mean, if
> i'm gonna write it, i may as well write it in code while i'm at it),
> and aiming to get each new page into the top 5 for at least one
> natural (non-quote-marked) keyword phrase, like
>
>    lucky dream
>    tuxedo club hair dressing
>    four roses incense
>    laundry sprinklers
>    saint expedite
>
> (Check those out -- i am doing okay at this game!)
>
> I drop by once a night to read the newsgroup, but some of it is too
> technical for me, since i can't take time to learn fancy code or
> crap like that. I mostly look for tips and tricks that could help an
> old hippie google-gamer like myself -- of whom there seem to be
> fewer and fewer here. But mostly i write. And write. And write. The
> only thing keeping me on track is the incessant playing and
> replaying of the Memphis Jug Band, i kid you not.
>
> I started with a small, tight, interlocked web site of 100 pages,
> and now i have thousands upon thousands of sprawling pages and the
> trouble is that i really have proved the truth of the "Field of
> Dreams" motto -- "if you build it, they will come" -- and the more i
> build it, the more visitors i get. I achieved a new personal best
> monthly average of  15,200 unique visitors per day in October.

Your story is inspiring. I have always believed (or hoped rather) that the
more I manage to write, the more visitors will come my way.

> Will i ever sleep? Who knows? But ... if i build it, they will come.
>
> If i build 8 billion pages ... can i finally take a nap?

No, 6 billion is enough. One for each person in the world. *smile*

> Cordially,
>
> cat yronwode

Nice site.

http://www.cached.it/english/get-url/luckymojo.com.html

I see a lot of repeated "sex" in the meta. *LOL*

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Lions are like hippie tigers"
  6:55am  up 68 days 12:44,  5 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.28, 0.18