Re: You know Linux is doing well when...

__/ [Karel "de Jazz" Jansens] on Wednesday 02 November 2005 13:17 \__

> ...you're receiving Portugese spam-mail for courses in Linux.
>
> Methinks critical mass has clearly been achieved. I'm now waiting for
> Linux-only porn, which is an unmistakeable sign of world domination.
>
> (only half joking)
>

> ===========begin spam===========
>
>   CURSO DE LINUX + SISTEMA OPERACIONAL LINUX KURUMIN 5.0
>

> Por apenas R$ 25.00 você adquire um curso e um sistema operacional Linux
> completo para começar a interagir nesta revolucionária plataforma.
> Indicado tanto para leigos, quanto para usuários mais experientes, o
> produto está disposto em 2 CD Rom?s, com o seguinte conteúdo :
>
> # Curso de Linux
> # Sistema operacional Linux Kurumin 5.0

> [rest snipped]

Sweet.

So Linux is indeed, like the Wintrolls often say, the cause for spam. It's
so good that people cannot resist raving about it using bulk mail software
on hijacked Windows machines.

Now  I  just need to learn Portuguese. Then I'll learn Linux... though  we
all know that the latter is tremendously easier to master.