Re: co com?

__/ [davidof] on Thursday 03 November 2005 17:31 \__

> mark | r wrote:
>>
>> anyone noticed the massive difference between google.com and
>> google.co.uk's listings, why is this?
>>
>> mark
>
> I've noticed some difference, one is ranking *.uk domains more highly.

Is  it not what you would expect? Results are being tailored to regions so
that  they become more relevant. I think it is something that started hap-
pening  months ago at the least and a year at most? There was some contro-
versy if I recall correctly? As for other countries, there is the issue of
language too.

I think what is most surprising about the observation above is that Google
Local exists (as of a year ago?). Apparently, standard Google search has a
tang of Google Local too, for what it's worth.