Re: [Retract last message] dither filter

__/ [Roy Schestowitz] on Tuesday 08 November 2005 15:22 \__

> __/ [giacomo boffi] on Tuesday 08 November 2005 12:35 \__
>
>> once upon a time there was a dithering filter, in the Filter->Noise
>> menu...
>>
>> is there something alike for newer gimps?
>>
>> tia
>
> I can see it in GIMP 1.2.3
>

>   Hurl
>   Noisify
>   Pick

>   6 of them in total
>
> Ditto in the Gimp 2.0.2, which I have just run just to verify this. Which
> version are you using? have you dug deep in the menus? Perhaps it was moved
> to a sub-sub-menu?
>
> Roy

After a thorough check, I realises that "Dithering" is no longer visible
under the "Noise" menu. I searched the Web for 10 minutes and the most I
could come up with was the old extension:

http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/gimp/fsdither.html

Apologies for a deceiving reply...