Re: Internet Search Engines FAQ

__/ [John Bokma] on Wednesday 09 November 2005 07:35 \__

>> There are merely no Gname newsgroups
>
> Gmane? If the latter, see:
> http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2005/01/14/gmane-mail-to-news.html
>
> They have their own news server (unless that has been changed).

Oops. I had a typo.

I tried to access my favourite mailing lists through Gmane several times in
the past. Each time I tries I was not successful, including my attempt a few
minutes ago, having read your instructions. It's rather frustrating because
mailing lists are difficult to handle and I have about 14 E-mail accounts
already. Taking an overview and flagging are terrible because mail readers
are build for mail, not discussion groups.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
  9:30am  up 6 days  5:28,  4 users,  load average: 0.59, 0.44, 0.51