Re: MOVE over, Mac Mini -- MiniPC runs Linux

  • Subject: Re: MOVE over, Mac Mini -- MiniPC runs Linux
  • From: Rgdawson <rgdonn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:47:37 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

> So, it was indeed made cheaper to go with Linux (sadly, not all vendors do
> this). I got my recent SuSE Celeron for just $350 or so, but admittedly the
> device above looks neater. Then again, it is less flexible, namely hard to
> upgrade, has fewer ports, probably excludes all peripherals. Overall, it's a
> nice little device, which to me is worth keeping an eye on.
>
> Need I say something about the design though? Need I say anything about the
> obscene resemblance to the Mac Mini. An Asian company has already gotten
> itself in trouble for imitating the design and function of the iPod Shuffle.
> Here is one among several:
>
> http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/06/review_super_ta_1.html
>
> Prepare for a frantic Steve Jobs...

those products were stopped from being produced months ago, they are now
only "concept of product", and now pulled from their product listings.

http://www2.luxpro.com.tw/e-tangent.htm

http://www2.luxpro.com.tw/e_605h.htm

if anyone was to offer a mini of a similar likeness, they would be
stopped too.