Re: MS IntelliMouse: all systems go

  • Subject: Re: MS IntelliMouse: all systems go
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 03:28:12 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [amosf] on Wednesday 16 November 2005 03:21 \__

> Christian Eichert wrote something like:

>> DFS wrote:
>>> My wireless MS IntelliMouse software gives me pop-up warnings for low
>>> battery and wireless signal strength, as in:
>>
>> cool
>> My Fujitsu Siemens Mouse is not wireless and does not have a batery
>> You will be surpriesed : No popup warning is necessary
>
> Yep, I have a mains mouse too... Never needs a battery change.
>
> I must admit I've never understood the interest in wireless mouse... I mean
> it just sits there on the pad and moves a couple of cm... Hardly need the
> extra expense and hassle of a battery...
>
> Shrug.

It can be valuable when you work with a projector in a room where the
computer does not lie in front of you. My supervisor does that. For anything
else Bluetooth/Wi-Fi peripherals are an overkill. Yet, I see them used on
occasions, typically by people with more money than brains. No offence
intended, DFS as its a gross generalisation. I have come across people who
burn a CD to pass on a couple of photos.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
  3:20am  up 12 days 23:18,  4 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.06, 0.13