Re: MS IntelliMouse: all systems go

__/ [Linønut] on Wednesday 16 November 2005 03:40 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> On  we move to see the Windows shell ('cmd'), which is so poor in terms of
>> expressiveness.  How  can you get any work done? Even autocompletion a  la
>> Bash  does not exist.
>
> Actually, it does exist.  It had to be enabled in Win 2000, but is on by
> default in XP.  In one way, it's even "better" -- the case of letter
> doesn't have to match.

Interesting to have found that out. I rarely do much in 'cmd' (formerly
command.com) apart from ipconfig, batch scripts and the like. It's a
depressing CLI to work under and tools offered in this environments are
miserably lacking. It's like trying to mend some broken wires with a set of
scissors and a pencil.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector"
  3:50am  up 12 days 23:48,  4 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.65, 0.61