Re: Why!

__/ [William Tasso] on Wednesday 16 November 2005 11:57 \__

> Writing in news:alt.www.webmaster
>  From the safety of the schestowitz.com / MCC / Manchester University
> cafeteria
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
>> __/ [Roy Schestowitz] on Wednesday 16 November 2005 11:47 \__
>>
>>> __/ [William Tasso] on Wednesday 16 November 2005 11:44 \__

>>> And I think I think, therfore I think I am.
>>                        ^^^^^^^^
>>
>> I think I also need to begin to proofread before dispatching.
>
> It's a fact that anyone who does their own proofreading has a fool for a
> client.

Yes, a better pair of eyes is always a better solution:

* Less boresome reading

* More knowledge (~2 brains)

* Critical reading (rather than selective)

> I thought you were reverting to some olde worlde version of English ;)

Notice  how  repeatedly  T,  R, F, and E (vicinity in  QWERTY)  appear  in
"therefore".  The pattern of strokes can easily be messed up and it always
happens  with  the  same  sets  of  words and  then  gets  detected  by  a
spellchecker.  Synthesis <-> synthsis is a hugely common typo I can  think
of.  Sometimes  I would spellcheck a document to find the exact same  typo
repeated  more  than 3 times -- all to do with typing habits. More  oddly,
the habit rarely resolves itself.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
  2:15pm  up 13 days 10:09,  4 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.24, 0.79