Re: Migrating from one Palm to another

  • Subject: Re: Migrating from one Palm to another
  • From: Ian Rawlings <news05@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:18:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.palmtops
On 2005-11-16, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are PDB's (Palm data files, as opposed to programs) not going to be copies
> from  the  Desktop PC to the new handheld if full data restoration is  as-
> sumed?

The Palm desktop software, last time I tried it, had specific methods
of doing this, in that you could do a full restore to a blank device.
That works fine but if you only want to move across exactly what's
needed rather than carry the cruft of a few years across from one
device to the next then it's better to do it manually.  Palms get
cluttered up with a mass of tiny files and it's hard to figure out
which ones you want and which ones are going to trip you up, so I
clean them out.  Changing palms is a good time to do that as you keep
your current one as the everyday machine until the new one is up to
speed.

--
For every expert, there is an equal but opposite expert