Re: google cacheless

__/ [mogga] on Friday 18 November 2005 11:39 \__

> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:42:25 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Yesterday I found out that they had indexed my genealogical pages. No
>>bloody idea how. Family members searched their names and that goddamn
>>Google blurted out too much. All is still in cache. Needn't here be an
>>inbound link? With Analytics they will sooner or later be able discover all
>>'hidden' pages.
>>

> Someone with a toolbar visits a page which is "hidden" and it isn't
> hidden anymore.

Yes,  I  am aware, but should it get indexed as a consequence? And if  so,
why  Google?  Their toolbar is said to be 'safe' and, either way, I  never
used  it.  I use GoogleBar, Netscraft Toolbar and the A9 toolbar. I  don't
believe anyone ever linked to the pages in question. These pages are pass-
word-protected  at  the  moment, but in the old address  (used  as  legacy
pages,  prior to August 2004) it remained just hidden. I erased the  pages
yesterday.

Thanks for the advice,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"
 11:45am  up 15 days  7:39,  4 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.52, 0.50