Re: F keys re-mapping

__/ [Timothy A. McMullin] on Sunday 20 November 2005 13:06 \__

> I need to learn how to re-set my keyboard's F-1 to F-12 keys.  Anyone know
> how to do this?  Step-by-step instructions would be appreciated!
>
> Thanx,
> Tim

Would  you like them swapped? I must warn you that this leads to inconsis-
tencies.  You might undeliberately disable some fundamental functions that
lead to a deadlock.

Try Control Center -> Regional and Accessibility -> Keyboard Layout -> Op-
tions

Also  try Control Center -> Regional and Accessibility -> Keyboard  Short-
cuts  ->  Modifier keys. I can't see relevant options in SuSE  8.2  (maybe
non-existent),  but  have  a look and judge for yourself. If you  want  to
change text files in order to re-map keys, you are going down a more risky
path and I have poor knowledge in that domain.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
  4:50pm  up 17 days 12:44,  4 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.58, 0.63