Re: Using a high pagerank site

__/ [John] on Monday 21 November 2005 15:03 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [Neredbojias] on Monday 21 November 2005 12:35 \__
>>

>>>With neither quill nor qualm, John quothed:

>>>Switch urls.
>>

>> Either that (depending on the gap in terms of rank/incoming links) or use
>> a permanent re-direct with 301 status:
>>
>> http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E301.html
>>
>> I should warn you that if the sites are unrelated and ranks are simply
>> 'purchased' and funnelled, then you might gain nothing or even be
>> penalised.
>>
>> Hope it helps,
>>
>> Roy
>>

> I'll look into that. The old site was for a company selling one product,
> and the new site is adding that product to its range and keeping its
> existing range as well.

Excellent. I suppose it is whitehat case of PageRank channelling. You ought
to have similar content (initially at least) in both sites so that search
engine algorithms do not suspect site purchasing as opposed to a permanent
relocation that is ethically acceptable.

Good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"
  3:35pm  up 18 days 11:29,  4 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.44, 0.45