Re: http://www.cached.it/english/ (alt. internet.search-enginesBOT)

  • Subject: Re: http://www.cached.it/english/ (alt. internet.search-enginesBOT)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 04:46:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [catherine yronwode] on Thursday 24 November 2005 19:11 \__

> Stefano wrote:
>>
>> I have found this user agent :
>>
>> http://www.cached.it/english/ (alt. internet.search-enginesBOT)
>>
>> on my site
>>
>> What is this ??
>
> I'm curious too -- i just did an allinurl search at google on my primary
> domain name and cached.it came up. Might it be a clone of the
> archive.org site?
>
> --cat yronwode
>
> http://www.luckymojo.com/catalogue occult shop, candles, amulets, incense

No, I think it's the OP's site, which I find quite informative. Back when my
page was in cache, it actually made the top 10 for my surname. It has the
ability to show up quite quickly and be placed high up in the SERP's.

The existence of your site in cached.it means that somebody looked up your
site and I suspect it was me (I only realised that while composing this
message in fact). I actually posted a reference of that to you, remember? I
then pointed out the many occurrences of the word sex in the meta data. It
all returns to mind now...

Yesterday I saw a 'remove URL from cache' option on that site. If it bothers
you, you can remove it. By all means it is not a clone of the Internet
Archive.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
  4:40am  up 22 days  0:34,  5 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.62, 0.74