Re: wysiwyg-editor

__/ [Els] on Thursday 24 November 2005 08:55 \__

> Michael Peters wrote:
>
>> für einen Enduser, der kein HTML kann und nur die Contents auf statischen
>> Seiten ändern will, brauche ich einen einfach zu bedienenden
>> WYSIWYG-Editor. Wäre dankbar für Empfehlungen!
>
> If all you want to do is change text on an existing site, you don't
> need to know HTML, and you can just use a regular text editor. If you
> want to change content with HTML, best learn HTML (it's not more
> difficult than learning to use a WYSIWYG program), because WYSIWYG
> doesn't really exist.

There are CMS packages (e.g. the upcoming WordPress 2.0, for example) that
also  embed a high-quality WYSIWYG editors. These editors /sometimes/ pro-
duced  fairly clean HTML code. I heard good things about NVU (as suggested
elsewhere),  but I think it's 'healthier' never to depend on  desktop-side
software and have no hands-on experience with raw HTML.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
 12:00pm  up 22 days  7:54,  4 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.43, 0.72