Re: Page No Longer Ranks

__/ [Maro] on Friday 25 November 2005 22:01 \__

> <chad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I have updated my website and about two weeks after doing so was
>> ranking high under several search terms that we optimized for.  I
>> checked today and two of the pages we optimized are no longer ranking
>> even in the first ten pages.  I don't know what happened.  HELP!

What is the Web address and what are the search terms you aim for or keep
track of? Particulars would make it easier to judge.

> If you are referring to Google, I guess your site was affected by Jagger3!
> It was a disaster for some webmasters! Did you check on different DCs?

I don't know what was meant by "no ranks". If this was a reference to
PageRank, Jabber should not have affected it. Ranks in search results have
indeed changed enormously at places, so naming Jagger as the culprit seems
plausible.

As for me, one of the victims of that update, I see a slow, progressive
'Jagger rebound'. I hope it continues.

Roy S. Schestowitz
  7:20am  up 23 days  3:14,  4 users,  load average: 0.78, 0.63, 0.81