Re: Linux and the Xbox 360

__/ [Roy Culley] on Monday 28 November 2005 00:11 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <3uuv27F133vkaU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> On Sunday 27 November 2005 23:27 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.free60.org/wiki/Main_Page
>>>
>>> Game on! Mind you, Microsoft sell the Xbox while swallowing a loss.
>>>
>>> http://businessweek.com/technology/content/nov2005/tc20051122_410710.htm
>>
>> "A Microsoft spokeswoman said that the company's plan calls for a "gross
>> margin neutral" strategy through 2006, meaning that between the sales of
>> consoles, game software, and accessories, it expects to essentially break
>> even. Profits should follow in 2007."
>>
>> Don't mention it to baa-lamb though - he reckons that the U.S. gov. would
>> stamp on them for "dumping".  (I reckon baa-lamb knows a lot about
>> dumping, btw, judging by his posts here.....!)
>> I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.......
>
> You must stop this Bill. Baiting defenseless wintrolls using wit and
> sarcasm is hardly fair play. There again ... :-)
>
> --
> Windows rootkit install HOWTO:
> 1. Open CD drive
> 2. Insert music CD
> 3. Close CD drive
> All done - Windows: Insecure by design

No need for rootkit either:

http://photomatt.net/2005/05/13/dave-matthews-stand-up/

"'Crash into me...' If you buy the new Dave Matthews Band Stand Up CD, do not
put it in your Windows computer. I did and it popped up an annoying software
installation and I said no to it just like I did 9 years ago when I first
saw that happen with Fiona Apple?s Tidal. It then ejected the CD. First
strike! I just wanted to listen to it. So I did the logical thing and pushed
the CD drive back in, and the CD spun up and then the computer crashed and
rebooted. Needless to say, this is a very bad thing."

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
  1:20am  up   1:04,  2 users,  load average: 0.78, 0.67, 0.48