Re: A Bitter Linux User in a World Dominated by an Inferior O/S

__/ [Roy Schestowitz] on Thursday 13 October 2005 05:14 \__

> I have yet another reason to hate Windows with /passion/. My Linux server
> has come under heavy attacks by Windows machine that had been hijacked and
> it's putting my Web host in jeopardy. Motive? Referrer spam that comes
> with the visits en masse.
>
> I am unable to work. All I do is merely investigate my Apache options for
> filtering and looking at logs. It's 5 AM over here and I am struggling for
> survival as Windows zombies continue to hammer me. To anyone who says that
> Windows is not harmful to the world, use /that/ to argue for the contrary.
>
> Had there been no stickin', rusty Windows, I'd be able to do some real
> work. I can think of many other moves and strategies at Microsoft that
> encouraged spam in the past decade or two. Hate spam? Blame Microsoft.
>
> Roy

I now notice a type:

"attacks by Windows machine"

Should be:

"attacks by Windows machines" (plural)

There appears to be hundreds of them all over the world, China and Russia in
particular.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
  5:15am  up 48 days 17:29,  3 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.32, 0.40