Re: Limit SCP bandwidth

__/ [Bob Bob] on Friday 14 October 2005 16:20 \__

> scp has a command line option to limit bandwidth... <?>
>
> man scp (in my 9.1 distro) shows this as -l
>
> Otherwise you may need to setup QOS bandwidth limits for particular ports.
>
> Also consider using rsync instead. Handy if you are updating
> files/structures rather than complete overwrites every time. It only
> sends the changes so thus is much faster.
>
> Bob
>
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> Is it somehow possible to impose a limit on the amount of bandwidth of
>> transfers via scp? I have looked at the man pages to no avail.

It must be a new feature (or enhancement) as I use *ducks down* SuSE 8.2 and
that option is neither listed nor supported.

roy@BAINE:~> scp -l
scp: illegal option -- l
usage: scp [-pqrvBC46] [-F config] [-S program] [-P port]
           [-c cipher] [-i identity] [-o option]
           [[user@]host1:]file1 [...] [[user@]host2:]file2

Many thanks,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Black holes are where God is divided by zero"
  5:10pm  up 50 days  5:24,  3 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.25, 0.31