Re: Is there a good free ISP Brooklyn NY New York New York

__/ [Penguins Are] on Friday 14 October 2005 21:24 \__

> Is there a good free ISP Brooklyn NY  New York New York

Free as in beer? Then no.

If you are a true penguin, you may have the tendency to believe that all can
be free. This is only true as far as /software/ is concerned, but you must
use that software atop your /own/ resources (CPU, bandwidth, etc.).

Google Wi-Fi is intended to cover the whole of the US in the future. It is
now deployed in the SF bay area and I imagine that Big Apple, being a 'key
base', will be among the next destinations to have wireless routers
installed, immediately increasing the radiation levels that go into out
brains even further.... as if Bluetooth and cellphone were not a sufficient
health hazard. I sure hope nobody comes up with another dozen of protocols
for wireless communication, thus installing even more antennas all around
us.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux + tax = Mac OS = (Windows - functionality)
  4:10am  up 50 days 16:24,  3 users,  load average: 0.74, 0.57, 0.58