Re: SUSE 10 is fantastic

__/ [casioculture@xxxxxxxxx] on Saturday 15 October 2005 23:57 \__

> I should've just installed it from the start.
>
> It autodetected my monitor perfectly, crn p1500 1600x1200 at 78, sound
> card and all. Best distro hardware detection I've come across so far.
>
> Also, it looks so polished. It's so clear this is a big name OS. The
> finish is immaculate. Nothing cheesy about it - no jarring brown, no
> dancing penguins, none of that. I liken it to Mac OS X in its looks.
> Rebooting into Windows XP makes the microsoft OS feels like a poor
> man's choice.
>
> It's user-friendly and suitable for newbies yet it's also an
> instustrial-strength rock-solid enterprise OS, stable and reliable.

See sig. Nothing beats SuSE Linux. Any other distro is a compromise. If you
merely run a Web server, Debian might be fine, even the ricer's Gentoo.

For anything else:

http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=464&slide=23&title=suse+linux+10.0+screenshots

(from scratch i.e. installation to a working state with KDE, FVWM, etc.)

I also have some arbitrary daily screenshots, if anyone has time to burn,
at:

http://baine.smb.man.ac.uk:8001/archive/images.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"
  5:15am  up 51 days 17:29,  5 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.50, 0.64