Re: Higher TCO is Better for the Enterprise

__/ [billwg] on Sunday 16 October 2005 19:31 \__

>> So we all know that *nix environments are far more stable than many
>> alternatives
>
> So you keep telling yourselves, roy!
>

>> (I dare wintrolls to argue against it) and we also know about
>> further advantages due to the diverse amount of software, which can be
>> installed without monetary constraints.
>
> Only if you want the homespun OSS variety, roy.  You can't have Oracle
> for free.  Or NetBackup. Or Legato.  Or a lot of the other premier
> packages.  You can only get the free stuff for free.  It is worth the
> price.

*LOL*

>> Corollary: Windows makes everyone happy [sarcasm]. Budgets get burned
>> and
>> people do not get bored. I sure know I get bored when the portmaster
>> stays
>> up for over 100 days. That's why I'm here all the time chatting...
>>
> Just out of curiosity, roy, what's a PhD like yourself doing running
> around pretending to be an IT weenie?

"IT Weenie"? Go read "Scoblizer - Microsoft Geek Blogger". I think he's
talking about his cat's flea problems today...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Roughly 2% of your keyboard is O/S-specific
  8:15pm  up 52 days  8:29,  5 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.41, 0.54