Re: Intelligence Agencies and Server Choices

__/ [Erik Funkenbusch] on Monday 17 October 2005 05:28 \__

> On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 03:27:31 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [Erik Funkenbusch] on Monday 17 October 2005 02:46 \__

>>> I'm really struggling at what your point is.
>>
>> A state of self-denial.
>
> Interesting... rather than answer the question you make a flippant off
> hand statement and then delve into ad hominem attacks.

...Which, in turn,  you considered to be a revelation of the truth and hence
decided to cull out, neither quoting nor referring to. I urge ones who read
this text to look what Erik chose to ignore.

> Could it be that you didn't really have a point?

Don't fool yourself.

>>> I provide as counter evidence, that the site that's being run is largely
>>> irrelevant.  For example, the NSA uses Windows 2003 for it's internet
>>> facing web servers.
>>>
>>> http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.nsa.gov
>>>
>>> Certainly one would imagine the NSA knows a thing or two about security,
>>> and wouldn't choose Windows if it wasn't secure.
>>
>> Being non-American, am I the only one who had to use dict.org to know
>> what NSA stands for? Choosing one exception and descending so low as the
>> pick the NSA to back your argument is unformtunte and sad. In a well
>> meant manner I'd say: "you could do better than that".
>
> You CAN'T be serious.  You don't know what the NSA is?  Even though the
> NSA tends to set cryptological standards that even the rest of the world
> tends
> to folow?  Even though there's a version of Linux called SELinux that is
> developed by them?  Even though the organization has been featured in
> hundreds of films as the technological equivelent of the CIA?
>
> Wow, I guess you HAVE been living under a rock.

No, but I am probably much younger than you. I'm 23, in case you are
curious.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
  7:40am  up 52 days 19:54,  4 users,  load average: 0.21, 0.30, 0.41