Re: Microsoft Manager: Africa doesn't need free software

__/ [Linønut] on Thursday 20 October 2005 12:43 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:

>> Gerald Ilukwe, the general manager of Microsoft Nigeria, said that cost is
>> not important, even though he admitted that the average annual salary in
>> the West African country is only $160 (£91).
>
> "Hello.  I am Gerald Ilukwe of Microsoft Nigeria.  We are needing
> money..."

I have actually heard recently that Microsoft started a crackdown in Nige-
ria , which aim to put an end to those... they will be sorely missed...

I still think the E-mail scam drift off-topic and miss the point entirely.
Microsoft continue to sell /code/ to Africa; yes, code that is duplicable.
It  is  very much different from resource-consuming food or drugs or  even
human  capacity  of any kind, so why not make it free and just help  these
people live (better)?

I  think that Nigerian manager possibly misreporesented some Microsoft em-
ployees.  I  doubt  all of them feel that way, but having said  that,  Mi-
crosoft  is  made out of businessmen and lawyers these days, not  computer
geeks  with talents and ideaology. Injection of a bad product is what they
are best at.

Worse  of  all  is that fact that Microsoft pretend to have  sympathy  for
Africa. The article above proves it is nothing but crocodile tears.