Re: Palm Folder Structure

  • Subject: Re: Palm Folder Structure
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 03:03:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
__/ [DarkSheer] on Friday 21 October 2005 02:12 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [Zombie Elvis] on Friday 14 October 2005 08:55 \__

>>> Not in the device's memory. But you can do this on SD cards. You'll
>>> need a good third party launcher like ZLauncher to do this.
>>> --
>>> Roberto Castillo
>>
>> You can also use FileZ[1] which is free to manage folders in your SD
>> card/s, if you have any already. You will have a hard time, however,
>> launching programs from a variety of locations. PalmOS sticks to the
>> Path PALM/Launcher .
>>
>> [1] URL: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml
>>
>> Hope it helps,
>>
>> Roy
>>
>> PS - I now notice that FileZ has recently been updated! Thumbs up to
>> the developers.
>
> That's why the palm os is doomed to failure.  No usable file system unless
> you get a card.  How would you like to manage all your files on your
> desktop computer by only putting them in one big file folder, including the
> system files. =)

Don't worry. They are working on some major overhaul as far as I know. They
might soon have a nice and stable environment that is based on Linux. Hope-
fully it will end up much like the Nokia (based on Debian)...

http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,1522,,00.html?orig=/770

...if not, I might just run really quickly in that direction. *smile*

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: as the reputation of "Longhorn" was mucked
  3:00am  up 56 days 15:14,  4 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.59, 0.81