Re: big meal at night?

__/ [pil] on Friday 21 October 2005 19:43 \__

> I am currently trying to lose some fat around my abs. I do weight training
> every second day. After each session I hit the punching bag for about 10
> minutes.

Great work. Keep it up.

> I eat a small breakfast in the morning and then I eat 3 meals during the
> day at work. These are very small meals usually consisting of either a
> chicken breast with fruit or tuna and baked beans with fruit.

Sounds like an excellent choice of food that are not saturated with
cholesterol. Make sure you get a large variety of fruit and vegetables.

> When I get home in the evening I usually eat my big meal for the day after
> workout. I am concerned about this because I heard that its not good to eat
> big at night.

True. If you choose to eat before you go to sleep, ensure the meal does not
contain much fat. I was recently told, however, that eating before sleep is
not a sin provided it is not a heavy meal that bloats your body before it
'hibernates'.

Best Wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "These characters were randomly picked"
  4:40am  up 57 days 16:54,  8 users,  load average: 0.85, 0.58, 0.56