Re: Windows Definitely Headed for Its Death

  • Subject: Re: Windows Definitely Headed for Its Death
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:00:08 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 21 Oct 2005 01:43:47 +0100
<dj9dof$adb$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [Bob Hauck] on Friday 21 October 2005 00:35 \__

[snippage]

> Before getting my third Linux box, I still had a Windows 98 laptop.
> What was I missing out? A wallpaper with some green grass and blue skies?

I wouldn't worry too much.  In a pinch one can take a UT2004
screenshot. :-)  There's a "Grassy Knoll" map.

Google Images probably has better ones, or one can simply
look for the background on one's NTFS volume if one dual-boots,
and use that, if one really wants to be reminded of a certain
British TV show.  (No, not Doctor Who.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's still legal to go .sigless.