Re: c-block linking -- site ownership

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 07:49:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I don't like that idea either.  Some major registrars don't allow
>> registration of more than one year at a time.
>

>I know. It also penalises small companies whose future is not yet certain.
>Google used to be in that exact same position, so it's a two-face scenario.
>
>Roy

It's not fair on a lot of mom and pop sites. These type of sites need
to get high up in the SERPS if they are to exist. By not being able to
do half these things like different c-block and not being able to
registar for long than a year could alone put a mom and pop site
under. These are the last type of sites that needs a penalty against
them.

Many mom and pop sites will and do go to a hosting company.
These hosting companies could have a dozen or so sites that are in the
same niche, and without knowing link to each other. They will get
penalised just for linking by the sound of it.

Also, as already mentioned many hosting companies don't allow
registration for more than a year at a time.

plh
Paul