Re: PHP5 on Ubuntu

__/ [M] on Monday 24 October 2005 18:37 \__

> Just out of curiosity Roy, have you ever tied installing Php5 on Ubuntu?
> This is where I came a bit unstuck and ended up settling on debian itself.

I have never used Ubuntu for anything very service-oriented. I merely use it
as a host to connect to other machines, so I can't help you there. I
recommend SuSE though.

> Be interesting to see what happens when it's time for me to upgrade to
> "etch" :-)

I barely upgrade anything. If it's not broken, why replace it? *smile*

Upgrades? isn't that what hard-drive crashes are for?

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    The most satisfying eXPerience is UNIX
  5:10am  up 60 days 15:19,  4 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.37, 0.41