Re: LifeDrive - query

_/ [birdman] impatiently replied on Thursday 01 September 2005 03:54 \_

> __/ [Duncan Langford] on Wednesday 31 August 2005 11:54 \__
>
> > My T3 is getting old and battered, and the new LifeDrive seems very
> > attractive; but my main computer is a Mac G5 running Tiger (10.4.2) and
> > the Palm web page appears to say that OSX only up to 10.3 is
> > supported...
> >
> > Is this a typical example of a web page that hasn't been updated
> > recently,
> > or would I get a nasty surprise if I splashed out on a LifeDrive, and
> > then
> > found I couldn't synchronise with my desktop machine? (The T3 integrates
> > just fine!)
> >
> > Has anyone used a LifeDrive with Tiger?
> >
> > - duncan
>

> Why would Palm not update their web page?
> You use a computer with less than 5% market penetration.
> Get used to it.

The updates to Tiger are accumulative, so I see no reason for you to worry
nor to hesitate when buying a LifeDrive. Having said that, unless you need
plenty of storage and Wi-Fi, I don't see the practicality of such an
upgrade. Take this from a person who uses his PDA primarily as a personal
information manager.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Slashdot is standard-compliant... in Japan"
  3:55am  up 7 days 20:37,  4 users,  load average: 0.81, 0.67, 0.70