Re: Yet another Palm Desktop update

__/ [Chris Ridd] on Saturday 03 September 2005 08:39 \__

> On 3/9/05 8:31, in article dfbjhj$1ic9$4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy
> Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> __/ [Chris Ridd] on Friday 02 September 2005 18:44 \__
>>
>>> Palm have released 4.2.1 Revision *C*, which now supports Tiger and the
>>> T5, and installs more cleanly.
>>>
>>> <http://www.palm.com/us/support/macintosh/mac_desktop.html>
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>> Some people in the Palm-related newsgroups have had problems installing
>> it, so be cautious.
>>
>> Here is a reference:
>>
>> http://message-id.net/%3Cdf8m21$1aou$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%3E
>
> That's only one person having problems, but since Palm's Mac code's
> *always* been somewhat flaky on OS X I wouldn't be surprised if there
> weren't others.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

Chris,

When few people voice complaints, it is usually a good sign. The same thing
was once said about the Palm models, which appear to be compartably
reliable.

If millions of units are sold and nobody reports a problem in the NG's,
that's an indicator of success. PalmAddict will go further and tell you
about many of the success stories, which can be dull sometimes ("I took a
picture of my cat" or "I used the Palm on the plane").

As for myself, I am as used as you to the habit of ranting. I use an
operating system that has for long been neglected by Palm (formerly
PalmSource, formerly Palm *smile*). Give it a few more years when the
demise of a certain O/S carries on...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
  6:00pm  up 10 days  6:11,  3 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.20, 0.24