Re: Quiet keyboard

  • Subject: Re: Quiet keyboard
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 05:13:24 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.peripherals.misc
__/ [Conor] on Tuesday 06 September 2005 20:21 \__

> In article <MPG.1d87f8e65a0b99ab98977a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ComPCs
> says...
>>
>> PC is in lounge, and drives others mad when i'm typing as it is a real
>> 'clickety' keyboard.
>>
>> Suggestions for a 'softer touch' answer please? Logitech, Microsoft?
>>
> Cheapest POS you can find. The dirt cheap £3 ones have a spongy feel
> and as a result are also dead quiet.

In concur with Conor on that one. Quiet keyboards are inexpensive keyboards
are not an oxymoron. In fact, the Dell keyboard I use at the moment is
disturbingly loud, which can become a problem when you work in a shared
office.

Have a feel for the different keyboards next time you go to the shop. Some
people simply prefer it when keystroke 'feedback' is noisy and rather
strong (e.g. ex-typewriter users). The quietest keyboard I have come across
is the portable Palm keyboard. It is almost as quiet as a whisper.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
  5:05am  up 13 days 12:22,  4 users,  load average: 1.22, 0.73, 0.52