Re: KDE Startup Script

__/ [MR] on Wednesday 07 September 2005 05:19 \__

> Hey everyone
>
> I was wondering how I would go about execting a linux command as the KDE
> is loading so that once I'm in KDE, that line has already been executed.
> Right now I have the line calling the script in my .bashrc file, but that
> only gets executed once I start a konsole session, which means I actually
> have to open & close the konsole to have that script called.
>
> many thanks
> mr

I used to be in the same position. I was advised to change:

/etc/profile.local

(variations of the actual file depending on what you are trying to
achieve...)

Bear in mind that you need to log in as root in oder to change it (probably
stating the obvious here).

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
  7:00am  up 13 days 14:17,  4 users,  load average: 0.88, 0.73, 0.63