Re: Reporting zombies?

> __/ [John Bokma] on Monday 05 September 2005 04:51 \__

>> ISP are probably not aware yet that trojans are used to do comment
>> spam as well. The one I reported to takes the problem very serious.
>
> I wish comment spam was simple to fight. In some cases, too many ISP's
> can be involved. Those that are plagued with spam probably get plagued
> by complaints too, hence they neglect to respond.

Technically it's possible to monitor all traffic with special software that
detects certain strings. Remotely controlled zombies and outgoing post
attempts could be detected this way.

An infected PC of a home user that sends out spam might result in (a part
of) the IP space ending up in blocklists. Meaning they will end up with a
LAN after quite some time :-D.

--
John                       Perl SEO tools: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
                 Experienced (web) developer: http://castleamber.com/