Re: Number of Indexed Pages

  • Subject: Re: Number of Indexed Pages
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 05:54:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [Paul Burke] on Friday 09 September 2005 01:23 \__

> On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:54:07 -0700, Antipodean Bucket Farmer
> <usenet2005@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>In article <df0rd6$1q4t$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
>>> __/ [Antipodean Bucket Farmer] on Monday 29 August 2005 22:53 \__

>>> No change here. Check for differences across datacentres using one of
>>> the following:
>>>
>>>   http://www.yourcache.com/
>>

>>OK, as of yesterday, I am now back up to 70k+ again for
>>all of the the data centres listed on the "yourcache"
>>tool.
>>
>>Weird.
>
> If you think thats weird, a few weeks ago yourcache.com was showing -1
> (minus one) across all DCs

That's quite acceptable. It must have been merely an error code. You would
have had more of a reason to worry had a number like 50k was reported. By
the way, I included yourcache.com in a list of good tools that I assembled
last night:

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/09/08/pagerank-prediction-tools/

I truly think it might be valuable to people in this newsgroup. I think of
it as my SEO 'toolbox', which I can quickly access from my portal.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Life is too short to proofread"
  5:50am  up 15 days  7:42,  3 users,  load average: 0.68, 0.57, 0.57