Re: (OT) Firefox 1.5 and Extensions

__/ [kchayka] on Friday 09 September 2005 16:39 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [hywel.jenkins@xxxxxxxxx] on Friday 09 September 2005 08:34 \__
>>
>>> Install FF1.5b into its own directory and run multiple versions.
>>
>> I have tried that before with Park Deer (near the announcement of 1.1,
>> which was later conceded). It caused all sorts of trouble
>
> Make sure you don't share a profile between the 2 versions.

I have had to restore my profile (50 MB in size) twice in the past two days.
Too much tinkering led to a lot of trouble. I promised myself that I would
avoid Deer Park, but I always get tempted to take advantage of recent
builds. One thing I long for is search within textareas. I use search bars
to do this at the moment...

I'd still discourage myself from attempting an upgrade again... *frown* it
leads to frustration and anxiety.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
  5:20am  up 16 days  7:12,  7 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.81, 1.96