Re: Yahoo Hotlinking pictures

__/ [Heidi] on Saturday 10 September 2005 04:04 \__

> Wow this is really bad. Yahoo Music is hotlinking images from this poor
> guys site:
> http://www.webproworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=51854
>
> the evidence is here for now. he used that nifty hotlinking code to
> replace the image they were trying to hotlink with something else. *grin*
> http://music.stage.music.yahoo.com/promos/paris_hilton_playlist_page/
>
> It should say something about the Hurricane unless Yahoo finally changed
> it. If you check the source you can see they are linking the image from
> his website.
>
> Heidi

Heidi,

Yahoo are not the only large company to have done that recently. Have a look
at:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/dirigibles/75781.html

"...I redirected everything coming from Fuddruckers.com (the HotLinking
criminal)... Wrote a nice little message pointing out how incredibly stupid
their web developer is. And then redirected the main page to a pleasant
little website showing photographs of slaughterhouses. And also opened up
some more popups, for those that don?t have popup blockers."

They actually HotLinked Flash. Joy! I guess you could play some live
hardcore pr0n on their site.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
  7:35am  up 16 days  9:27,  7 users,  load average: 0.63, 0.87, 1.02