Re: Dabs Disappointment

  • Subject: Re: Dabs Disappointment
  • From: "Jack Ouzzi" <mick.sturbes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 11 Sep 2005 01:12:31 -0700
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> [...]

What a shame Roy.... I have nothing but good service with DABS. Always
been next day, always had returned items refunded quickly, with
postage, no hassle.

> >> If you think that's bad just wait until you have a problem with
> >> something you buy from them!
>
> I was advised to hold on to the box.

Your arms must really be aching now Roy :-)

> It is a Linux machine and I should be
> able to handle it myself unless the motherboard fries.
>
> >> Don't use them is the only sensible advice.

Well I would use them again..

> > The most frustrating thing with Dabs is that there's no way to contact
> > them by phone to get an immediate answer to a question:

But there are thousands of companies now that use this strategy ... you
just got to stay one step ahead.

 Since I discovered the
> > discounted prices by ordering over the web from PC World, I tend to buy
> > from them now.

Far too expensive .....

> > Which mail order suppliers would you recommend, if Dabs is not
> > recommended?

Amazon are worth a look!!