Re: Up, Up, Down

__/ [John Bailo] on Tuesday 13 September 2005 00:53 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Do you reckon it has any meaning? It would be more intersting if we
>> analysed long-term trends. I know that Novell have been in financial
>> trouble recently (as ever).
>
> Honestly, the only thing that matters is how far off their historic highs
> have these stocks been.  Until that mark is reached, there are always
> going to be people who feel burned because they lost money on these
> stocks. That applies even for Google, which must go beyond $317, it's
> peak, to prove that it's really a growth stock and not a kite.
>
> MSFT has to go to $60
>
> RHAT has to go to $150
>
> NOVL has to go to $40

I like the kite analogy, whether it was a tidbit you 'coined' on the spot or
not. There is an argument suggesting that companies must expand, or else
they shrink. They can never stay in the same position. The question is:
what is the current trend and can it be reversed?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Mod me up and I'll cherish you"
  1:40am  up 18 days 20:46,  3 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.67, 0.65